Kant’s Doctrines of Right, Law, and Freedom
Kant’s Doctrine of Right retains contemporary relevance, taking an important place in recent philosophical discussions. The main exegetical
problems with Kant’s Doctrine of Right concern the relations between theoretical and practical philosophy, moral and ‘legal’ obligation, and the concepts of private and public law. In public law, Kant is unique in that he combines concepts and themes from Hobbes, Locke, and Rousseau.
The summer school consists of lectures, seminars, and readings. Within the framework of the summer school there is also a scientific conference, in which participants present their own research project on a topic related to Kant’s philosophy, and discuss the project with colleagues from different universities of Russia and the world. At the end of the summer school the participants receive a certificate of their participation.
School participants were selected on a competitive basis, 13 people. Participation in the summer school is free of charge. Travel to the venue of the school and accommodation in Svetlogorsk is paid individually or will be reimbursed by travel-grants of the participants’ home universities.
Scientific Supervisor — Prof. Dr Heiner F. Klemme (Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg), co-edior of Kant-Studien, member of the Academia Kantiana International Research Council (IKBFU, Kaliningrad).
Scientific Assistant — Dr Ludmila Kryshtop, associate professor at Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, Moscow.
- Bonadyseva, Polina (Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, Kaliningrad, Russia)
- Kiem, Christoph (University of Leipzig, Germany)
- Kiselev, Alexander (Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, Kaliningrad, Russia)
- Kozyra, Wojciech (Stefan Cardinal Wyszyński University in Warsaw, Poland)
- Lebedeva, Anastasiya (Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, Moscow, Russia)
- Lizárraga Ceballos, Edna C. (Autonomous University of Baja California Sur, La Paz, Mexicо)
- Martynova, Svetlana (Russian State Pedagogical University, St. Petersburg, Russia)
- Qian, Kang (Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg, Germany / China)
- Radhakrishnan, Vivek Kumar (Manipal Academy of Higher Education, India)
- Reichert, Roey (University of California, Los Angeles, USA / Israel)
- Rovbo, Margarita (Belarusian State University, Minsk, Belorus)
- Rozhin, David (Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, Kaliningrad, Russia)
- Shipilov, Michail (Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, Kaliningrad, Russia)
- Prof. Dr. Nina A. Dmitrieva, Scientific Director of the Academia Kantiana
- Dr Leonid Yu. Kornilaev, Research Fellow of the Academia Kantiana
- Dr Sergey V. Lugovoy, Senior Research Fellow” of the Academia Kantiana
- Dr Pärttyli Rinne, Senior Research Fellow of the Academia Kantiana
- Dr Frédéric Tremblay, Senior Research Fellow of the Academia Kantiana
- Andrey S. Zilber, Junior Research Fellow of the Academia Kantiana
This international summer school is supported by the Russian Academic Excellence Project at the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University.